Thursday, June 14, 2007

lucky me

I've been awfully lucky lately. I just won a skein of this Trekking yarn in Alyssa's blogiversary contest. She knit a very cute pair of socks using this very same yarn last year. The perennially wonderful Alicia made a similar pair, too. I can't wait to make my own!

The Carpathia-esque scarf is done and dusted. I made a few minor modifications to the Cider Moon pattern, mainly to make it wider and keep the edges from rolling. I used GGH Soft Kid and size 9 needles.
The baby knitting frenzy continues. I'm working on the Kai Cabled Sweater from Louisa Harding's Natural Knits for Babies and Moms. It's a marvelously easy pattern so far, and I'm using Cotton-Ease for the first time. Works great so far. I find the new Cotton-Ease color palette very odd, but at least it's not all bright, garish colors. If I have any leftover I may knit a Saturday Market Bag.

No comments: