Saturday, May 31, 2014

a blanket for Elise Viola

A housemate from my Madison days just had a sweet new baby girl, so I whipped up another crochet blanket using my favorite pattern.
Sadly, my favorite organic cotton yarn (Knit Picks Simply Cotton) has been discontinued, so I used Knit Picks Comfy instead. It's soft and cozy, definitely a bit more lightweight, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it will pill more than Simply Cotton. That said, it's easy on the hands and wrists and it comes in a lovely palette of colors.
pattern: swaddle me blankie, by crochet kitten
honeydew (8 skeins) + peony (1 skein)
hook: clover soft touch g
my Ravelry project page
notes: 
I always love this pattern -- crocheting it feels very natural and it goes quite quickly. As usual, I skipped the hood portion of the pattern.

8 comments:

Rue said...

Beautiful blanket! And that's a lovely name for a baby girl.

Caffeine Girl said...

That is a darling blanket. If crochet is faster than knitting, I really ought to learn. I'm such a slow knitter.

Bridget said...

It's so very pretty - I love the colors you chose.

(I really need to learn how to crochet ...)

Tracy Altieri said...

Lovely pattern, and happy occasion!

Ness said...

It's a beautiful gift! I'm sad they discontinued the Simply Cotton too. It was really great. I have just enough left for a washcloth. :(

Samantha said...

Oh! I'm only seeing this now (I'm a little behind on my blog reading, perhaps not too surprisingly!). How nice that Elise's blanket has a blog post too. I had worried about the cost to your wrists when I got it, so I am glad to see that the yarn went easy on you :-)

Thanks to Rue for the compliment on the name. And of course a big thanks to you, J! Best roommate (and ex-roommate) ever!

Hilary said...

It's lovely!! What pretty colors...and a lucky baby girl!

Unknown said...

Hobby Lobby has a really nice line of cotton called Love my Cotton or something like that. It is SUPER soft.