Thursday, April 26, 2012

thing one and thing two

Baby knits are my favorite. They're such a fantastic and low-risk way to try new techniques, stitch patterns, and yarns. Plus I've now reached the age where my friends are constantly having babies, so it's wonderful to give something handmade at baby showers.
 pattern: morpheus, by YarnMadness
yarn: Knit Picks Swish Worsted, Cornmeal, 2 skeins
needles: Clover US 7 bamboo circs (16")
size: 6 months (at a slightly larger gauge)

notes:
Quick, easy knit! I like the button detail on one shoulder. I skipped the mesh pattern, as I wanted to knit something simple and classic. Also, I knit a few rounds before beginning the sleeve ribbing. The twisted-stitch ribbing looks great! Must use this ribbing more often.
-----------------------------------
This pattern was, in fact, so quick and easy that I knit another one right away:
Same details, aside from using a darker shade -- "gold" instead of "cornmeal."
This photo has a teeny sneak preview of my study re-do (so much painting and reorganizing). More pictures soon!
 -----------------------------------------
That Etsy is a crazy place... I didn't realize just how controversial it was  until I read about this insane cease-and-desist letter, and this awesome lawyer's response. You rock, lawyer Ken!

6 comments:

Katelyn said...

Wow - this is so darling..too bad I'm terrible at knitting..I've never used circle needles before!

Gigi said...

Love that little sweater! I'm going to save it in my faves right now, so I'll have a go to knit when the next baby makes its appearance here in our neighborhood. And I can't wait to see your new study. I'm working on my 'workspace' now, and I don't know if I'll ever cross the finish line with this project -- seems to drag on and on. Or maybe it's me dragging on and on ;).
Blessings,
G

Katie M. said...

So sweet! I love all of your baby knits -- you always find the cutest patterns. I don't think Lawyer Ken would have grounds to dispute that. ;)

Tracy Altieri said...

Lovely sweaters! I read the Etsy article with interest - I'm just on the verge of treading into Etsy waters myself - considering what will be a very modest little enterprise - I'm sure that I will not encounter any of the vitriol controversy that's going on!

Chris said...

Adorable!!

Heh, anywhere that's making money becomes controversial...

Sharon said...

I'm so lame. I was adoring the cutest baby sweater ever, when you displayed it in front of the book shelf and then I was trying to make out the titles. Gads.

Yeah, I stopped using Etsy when I saw it wasn't original creators anymore. It's too bad, their idea was good.