Sunday, November 27, 2011

holidazed

I found these sweet mercury glass owls at West Elm, and one is now perched at the top of our built-in bookcases, wisely surveying the living-room realm.
Don't they remind you a bit of Bubo from Clash of the Titans?
Very classy. And shiny. Because those two qualities go hand in hand.
-------------------------------------------------------

I'm also in love with these flannel sheets that my mum gave me for early Christmas:
What a cheery fair isle motif!
-------------------------------------------------------
I spotted this beautiful, cozy throw at Pottery Barn:


Now that's a pattern that I can unvent! A garter stitch blanket with a crochet shell edging? Easy as pie. I may frog my overly bulky (and unflattering) Oatmeal Pullover and use the beautiful bird's egg Quince & Co. yarn for this. The PB version is knit in acrylic, of course, so Quince & Co. wool would be about a thousand steps up.
 -------------------------------------------------------
What did we spot on our drive back to Chicago?


In Wisconsin Dells, on a Jeep, of course. <3

5 comments:

Shilo said...

I need to teach myself to crochet - I love that blanket!

Chris said...

Great license plate!

Oh, that blanket looks cozy. And hard to wash it you make it from non-superwash wool...

Rachel said...

For the first time even, I'm wishing we had a target within 100 miles of me. I LOVE those sheets. Which just made me stop and think...when did I become that person who would comment on sheets? ;)

Katie M. said...

Classy and shiny most certainly do go together! How could you have one without the other? I love that blanket, too -- and the owls are fabulous!

Mia said...

I need to practice my crochet skills more I think. One of the local dyers has these lovely granny square runners in her studio in natural colors. I love them and I am not a lover of brown.