Thursday, September 15, 2011

cats + knitting + tea = bliss

A certain someone doesn't seem to mind being surrounded by boxes.  Me, I'm a little nuts from packing already, but it perhaps it's time to take a queue from Kylie and go with the flow.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
Best way to relax? Getting a head start on holiday knitting. It's never too early!
 
The pattern's High Line by Kirsten Kapur, and I'm using some vintage Knit Picks Andean Silk that has been marinating in my stash for quite some time. The yarn's a little thinner than recommended, so I'm using size 10 needles. Honestly, this will be a much more useful size, as it's going to be a super cozy, warm scarf which you can really wrap up in.  I can't wear alpaca (it makes me so sneezy), but I can handle knitting with it in short bursts. I think this will block very nicely!
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
My boss just returned from a 3-week holiday in Yorkshire, and she kindly brought me fancy teas from Bettys Café Tea Room in York. Now that's the way to a girl's heart...

13 comments:

elizabeth said...

Don't know if you've seen it, but Winter's Bone is EXCELLENT! Kinda dark, kinda scary, but in the real world sense, not fantasy. Very, very good!

Love the knitting and kitties!

Kara said...

Holiday knitting...oh my! Tis the season already. Crazy! Pretty pattern to be sure.

Caffeine Girl said...

Love the shawl. Beautiful color. But it has nupps! And I'm afraid of them.

If you like June Bug, I think you'd also like The Whale and the Squid.

Mia said...

Always always listen to your cat. They do not know the meaning of the word stress. Unless it involves the word vet. But that is something all together different.

That shawl is pretty. And it is not the first time I have heard that Blue Sky Alpaca worsted was really heavier than a true worsted. That pattern is pretty. And is all alpaca or just the KP stuff?

And holiday knitting? More like holiday preserving right now. I am making mustards now that will be ready for the holidays. I still have some apple jams to make but am waiting on the good cooking apples still

nicole said...

Wow, you've already started Christmas knitting, AND you're moving. You are unstoppable.

marycatharine said...

I love that Kylie found a perch, midst all the boxes. It's harder for us humans but your cats + knitting + tea formula will probably be the perfect combo to get you relaxed.

Andi said...

Good job and getting a jump start on the Holiday knitting, I should take a cue from you!
Love your tea goodies from your boss!

Katie M. said...

That shawl looks like it will be spectacularly cozy! I hope the tea and knitting help take the edge off of packing.

I often wish I could be more like my cat. She's got attitude.

Anonymous said...

it is becoming tea weather. i love that. and kylie is adorable. animals can make anything cozy. good luck with the packing!

Chris said...

I hate packing, too, so you have my utmost sympathy!

Shan said...

I totally agree - never too early to start Xmas projects.

Lovely cat!

Carrie#K said...

Holiday knitting? Too soon, too soon! (Or rather: too late, too late!) High Line looks like a beautifully unique scarf.

Nice boss!

Someday the moving will be over.

Rue said...

I think I'm going to skip the holiday knitting this year. I usually jump all in but between the baby and starting a new job, I think it's going to be way too much stress. Of course, I'm daydreaming of knitting a family of sweaters out of shelter in time for the double birthday in March. (Jonah and tadpole have the same birthday.)

Good luck surviving packing and unpacking!