mod bkgd

Saturday, August 22, 2009

star-spotting at the Green City Market

We ran into Rachael Ray (and her filming crew) at the Green City Market at Lincoln Park this morning! I picked up veggies for carrot coriander soup and a Parmesan tomato tart. Yum!
I tried a new brownie recipe -- Emily Martin's favourite brownies, from (Inside A Black Apple).
Very sweet! You can really taste the brown sugar, which is nice, but the sheer sugar overload is almost gritty. I still prefer my tried-and-true recipe from Land O'Lakes, with or without the raspberry swirl.
On the Minnesota front...
The upper midwest's representin' on Project Runway! Christopher and Ra'mon live in the Twin Cities. This was my first time watching Project Runway, and I enjoyed it immensely. That Tim Gunn's a hoot.

Also, good news from the ELCA's big meeting in Minneapolis.

No comments: