mod bkgd

Friday, August 21, 2009

21 songs

Tentenknits and cocoknits posted their top 21 favorite songs today, and I'm following suit. This is pretty unscientific and off the cuff, as I didn't even look at iTunes. Like Nicole, I'm pretty sure this list would be different on any given day.
  1. There's a Light that Never Goes Out, The Smiths
  2. Skyway, The Replacements
  3. Fall on Me, R.E.M.
  4. Running to Stand Still, U2
  5. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man, Prince
  6. People Got a Lotta of Nerve, Neko Case
  7. Red Right Ankle, The Decemberists
  8. Laid, James
  9. Valerie Loves Me, Material Issue
  10. Boxful of Letters, Wilco
  11. I Will Follow You into the Dark, Death Cab for Cutie
  12. Cecelia, Simon & Garfunkel
  13. Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying, Belle & Sebastian
  14. Train in Vain, The Clash
  15. Hope I Never Lose My Wallet, Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  16. Anchorage, Michelle Shocked
  17. See a Little Light, Bob Mould
  18. Mrs. Potter's Lullaby, Counting Crows
  19. Pictures of You, The Cure
  20. Love My Way, The Psychedelic Furs
  21. Furr, Blitzen Trapper

--------------------------------------------

PSA for those of you in the Chicago area, the Music Box Theatre is showing 16 Candles as a midnight movie both tonight and Saturday. "Life is not whatnot, and it's none of your business"

No comments: