Monday, June 15, 2009

warmth from the north

The knitting gods chose me as a winner in a contest over at Warmth in the North, and Mary Catharine sent me the nicest things:Sweet Georgia Superfudge yarn with plenty of yardage for another shawlette, plus wonderful beeswax candles made in her hometown. What a treat!
-------------------------
Seeing the Yarn Harlot's log cabin blanket has compelled me to pick up mine all over again.
Not only is this not the stashbuster I had envisioned, I just had to buy yet more yarn for the darn thing. The Mission Falls 1824 cotton is nice, soft, and cozy, though.

Also, I turned in grades this afternoon, and now summer can officially begin! Garter stitch + a season of Gilmore Girls on ABC Family that I've never seen before = a great way to celebrate.
-------------------------
Knitworthy new patterns:

- Anne Hanson's Highlander cardigan (Rachael knit a gorgeous one, too)
- Kirsten Kapur's Pembroke baby vest over at the new Petite Purls online knitting magazine

No comments: