Monday, December 08, 2008

luck

I finished up my Just Enough Ruffles right before the pattern was "Harlotted." This pattern is well worth all the attention! It's fun to knit, easy to follow, and it showcases soft yarns quite nicely. I'm planning to knit two more -- one for my MIL (apple green), and one for me (light grey).
Pattern: Just Enough Ruffles, by Laura Chau
Yarn: Lion Cashmere Blend, cream, 4.2 skeins
Needles: US 9 Clover bamboo circs

I was lucky to find a fellow Raveler (veganpurls) who had some of this yarn on her destash page, in the exact same dyelot. Hurray for Ravelry! I was also lucky enough to receive a beautiful skein of handspun superwash merino from Micki, spinner extraordinaire. It's just gorgeous!

And I was also very lucky to receive this book from Kelly:
I must admit to being terribly out of it when it comes to all the latest vampire books/movies/shows. My friends were discussing them at knitting circle a few weeks ago, then my in-laws did likewise at Thanksgiving, and I felt like I'd been living under a rock. Or perhaps in Plato's cave? I blame grad school.
Kylie Cat hard at work,
testing the temperature of towels fresh from the dryer


P.S. Check out Melissa's blog for a detailed examination of how cats help do laundry. I think Artemis and Kylie are kindred spirits.

No comments: