Wednesday, September 07, 2016

yarn along: rib-a-roni and 'the nightingale'


starting Kristin Hannah's The Nightingale
just finished a Rib-A-Roni hat for my purple-loving little boy

Erik picked out the yarn himself (Stonehedge Fiber Mill Crazy) at a lovely yarn shop we happened across in Rochester, Michigan -- Skeins on Main. Definitely worth a visit! Easy, fun pattern -- I like the crown shaping and nice decreases. I'm working on a birthday present for wee Bridget, too -- a knit baby doll like the one I made for Nora's first birthday two years ago. Amy Gaines, the designer, has a new pattern for a sweet mermaid, too, which I may attempt next.

joining Ginny and co. for this week's yarn along

3 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

Everyone is reading The Nightengale and just loving it.
Your boy has very good taste!

Unknown said...

Like everyone else, I loved the Nightingale! That yarn looks perfect!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed this book! Btw--- being a MI. Knitter/resident. ( CA. Transplant)... Soooo miss my home) . I really like the yarn shoppe in Royal Oak... Check it out. Beautiful yarns and such kindness and really helpful staff. They carry as well Brooklyn Tweed yarns and patterns. I enjoy the blog. Thank -you.