Wednesday, May 20, 2015

yarn along

Finally participating in Ginny's Yarn Along:
Smoke Gets in Your Eyes can be rather gruesome and overly descriptive at times, but it's interesting and thought-provoking nonetheless. I find myself skimming over certain parts when my stomach starts to give out. Good choice not to enter the mortuary sciences on my part, I suppose. I'm copying Ginny by knitting an Antarktis. Nice pattern -- repetitive, but the texture is lovely, and the end result is a shawlette that is lacy, but not frilly. Quite wearable. I adore the yarn, Malabrigo Finito. Deliciously squishable, and the colors (Jupiter) are gorgeous.
What I should be doing is sewing buttons on four wee baby cardigans, but I never seem to find the gumption. Perhaps over the long weekend? The patterns are Lottie, Yoked Cardigan, one of my own design, and Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater. More on these to come, I promise.

2 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

Yeah, I think I'll skip over that book!
I have that shawl in my queue. It looks like a very wearable one. I love the yarn you chose.

Lucy Bowen said...

Love the shawl and the baby sweaters. All gorgeous colours.