Thursday, November 27, 2014

busy little elf


I've been a busy little elf with the gift knitting lately. Somehow my knitting productivity has increased dramatically -- I credit the decreased sunlight and chilly temperatures. Cuddling up with a cat, some tea, and my knitting seems like the perfect activity.

yarn: plucky knitter merino cashmere nylon fingering, 
Tracy Lord Haven, 1 skein
needles: US 5 Clover bamboo circs

notes:
Brilliant pattern -- very easy lace, it made for perfect travel knitting while we were in Door County last month. You're essentially just knitting a scarf, then seaming the ends together. Next time I would use a provisional cast-on, then work a three-needle bind-off. The yarn is soft and squooshy, and I love the color. This is a birthday gift for my mother-in-law, though I'd really like to keep it for myself. Confessions of a selfish knitter!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

4 comments:

Gillian said...

Beautiful lace!!

Ness said...

My knitting has slowed down. Maybe I just need a cuddly bunny and a warm blanket. :) Everything looks gorgeous!

Caffeine Girl said...

Winter and knitting go together so well!

Rue said...

Ooh, that's a tempting pattern. I'm always on the lookout for good train knitting.

I'm really impressed with how productive you are on the gift knitting front. I hadn't planned to make anything this year and find myself working on three (possibly four) knitted gifts.