Tuesday, December 03, 2013

firsts

It has been a season of firsts -- first snowfall, first road trip, first Thanksgiving. Erik apparently loathes bibs, though he enjoyed spending Thanksgiving with his Minnesota grandparents quite well otherwise. So much love! A new baby has a way of renewing and enriching connections with friends and family.
Back home in Chicago, amazed that it's December already, time to trim the tree.
Captain Crochet, luxuriating away
--------------------------------------------------------
The Christmas elf is hard at work...
 a faerie ring shawlette, ready for blocking

a hat for a certain someone with "Purple Pride"

8 comments:

Rue said...

I love that picture of P and E - they both have their own versions of the "please make it stop" face. And I'm impressed by your holiday knitting! As usual, I have good intentions but few expectations of finishing my hand knit gifts in time.

Tracy Altieri said...

How wonderful, and now Christmas is right around the Corner!

socksahoy.blogspot.ca/ said...

Precious pictures. Both baby and cat. Carla

Caffeine Girl said...

That baby is beyond cute! You are so right about the effect of a new baby on family. He (or she) reminds everyone of miraculous family is!

Sharon said...

Babies amp up holiday gatherings. Some of my favorite memories all these years later are from those early years. Think about a Facebook page so you can share pictures and videos of Erik with your family. I'm so thankful that John and Shannon share Olivia Grace with us on Facebook every week, sometimes every day!

Hilary said...

Aaaaah, Erik is so adorable! (You can tell I'm far enough removed from the infant phase to feel really nostalgic when I see a photo of a baby screaming his head off. :) ) It's so true about a child renewing connections with friends and family. The holidays can be wonderful in a new way because of this...even if they are slightly more stressful.

Stephanie said...

Aw. I hope he gets over the bib thing. I've found for my 17 m toddler that giving her the choice to pick 1 of the 2 I offer usually works. Glad it was a good Thanksgiving. I have a lot to do before Christmas. (sjn821)

Unknown said...

I love the hat you make! I want to make one for my brother! He is a huge fan of them. Did you use this cotton yarn to do it?