Friday, August 16, 2013

fo: pear drop shawlette

We are in the midst of reshuffling our library to make room in the nursery, and Moxie has discovered a new favorite hidey-hole. Such a funny kitty!
----------------------------------------------------------
Another handknit is not only off the needles, but it has already been delivered to its recipient while we were in Minnesota last weekend.



pattern: Pear Drop, by Ysolda Teague
yarn: The Plucky Knitter 80.10.10 MCN, Tracy Lord Haven, 1.2 skeins
needles: US 6 Clover bamboo circs
size: small

notes:
The construction of this shawlette intrigued me! You begin by knitting the edging. I actually looked forward to picking up stitches from the edging (I’ve never said that before!) and then working inward, decreasing the semicircle. I wasn't happy with the bind-off -- you end up just cinching the last few stitches, which seems like a sloppy end to an elegantly constructed project.

The yarn from The Plucky Knitter is gorgeous, as usual -- a very rich, deep red. It bled a lot in the wash. The pattern specified laceweight yarn, but I wanted something more substantial, so I went with fingering weight. If I were to knit this pattern again, I'd try a DK yarn like this beautiful example
----------------------------------------------------------
More Moxie goodness:
Happy weekend!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Your shawl is beautiful! It looks like a fun knit.

Caroline said...

Beautiful shawl, and the kitty, of course, is beautiful too!

Tracy Altieri said...

Lovely shawlette! I do hope that in all of your baby preparations, you finding the time to knit something special just for you!

Rue said...

Those giant eyelets in the shawlette look like they were loads on fun to knit. I hope the recipient likes it!