Thursday, February 14, 2013

fo: leafy little buds cardi


I was hoping that my next FO post would be my textured yoke cardi or Aidez, but the buttons for the former haven't arrived in the mail yet (oh, etsy), and the last Aidez sleeve still has four inches to go.

So another wee knit it is! I first spotted this pattern on Posie Gets Cozy.
pattern: little buds, by Karen Borrel
size: 18 months
yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK, 3.3 skeins
needles: Clover US 7 bamboo circs

notes:
Love how soft and cozy the yarn is! Cashmerino makes knitting oodles of garter stitch a delight.
Only one real modification -- I knit the sleeves flat and seamed them. Garter stitch in the round isn’t my favorite, and my gauge changes significantly moving from knitting flat to knitting in the round.

7 comments:

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

That is way too adorable!

Tracy Altieri said...

This little cardigan is just precious!

Chris said...

Cute! :)

Rue said...

Adorable! And it looks good in toddler sizes, too! (Another tadpole knit added to the queue ...)

Rue said...

Adorable! And it looks good in toddler sizes, too! (Another tadpole knit added to the queue ...)

Rachel said...

I saw this on Posy Gets Cosy's blog too and wished that I had a little girl to knit for! Yours is an adorable version!

Sharon said...

I knew it! I knew I should look to you for an adorable baby sweater. I spontaneously bought a book and yarn while in town and have struggled to pick the perfect sweater. All your baby sweaters are the perfect sweater. I'll be knitting more and for the next one, I'm checking here first!