Sunday, October 21, 2012

postcards from Door County


Paul and I just spent a week up north in Wisconsin's beautiful Door County, where we did things like go for drives amidst the fall colors,

 visit lighthouses, including the Sherwood Point Lighthouse in Idlewild,

hike many state parks (might as well get the good out of our annual WI state parks pass!), like Whitefish Dunes, where we climbed "Old Baldy," the tallest sand dune in the state,
and taste my first fish boil (delicious!).

I just may have finished up (and worn!) my Shalder cardigan. The trip was amazing -- as nice as Chicago is, I really miss the great outdoors. Wisconsin still feels like home in many ways.

More knitting photos soon, I promise.

8 comments:

joanna.sammis said...

That's only 2 hours from where I live in the Milwaukee area! It's absolutely beautiful there this time of year!

Anonymous said...

lovely -- your adventures and your new sweater!

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a lovely time!

Nutmeg said...

I'm jealous since I'm totally missing fall this year! Thanks for the pictures -- I can live vicariously through other people enjoying autumn!

Tracy Altieri said...

Sounds like a lovely trip!

Katie M. said...

Beautiful! Looks like a lovely week -- and perfect weather for hand knits!

knitseashore said...

So beautiful! Looks like you had a lovely and restful time, and I love that lighthouse photo.

I hope the cats aren't too mad that you left them. :)

Ilix said...

Wow, looks like a fantastic trip. I love fall!