Tuesday, January 24, 2012

in the works


Another little design is in the works. I'm using a lovely shade of gold that has (sadly) been discontinued by Knit Picks. I'm off the semisolids and indie dyers lately... not sure what's up with that, but I'm loving the stitch definition of solid colored yarn, and I'm enjoying the soft, fuzzy heather blue-green of my Aidez cardigan.
Don't these shades of aqua, gold, and cream go beautifully together? I think this may be the perfect color palette for my study. Now to visit the paint store!
-----------------------------------------------
Even though I'm spending more time wearing my editor hat rather than my researcher cap these days, I still get to work from home fairly often. Wow, is that great. I especially enjoy eating a healthy lunch at home while reading a good book. I tried this easy recipe for cornbread, and it is yummy. Basic, no frills, but delicious. Much better than the Jiffy corn muffin mixes of my childhood.

12 comments:

Tracy Altieri said...

I love to see works in progress!

JoAnn said...

The color you chose for your Aidez cardigan is very pretty! Can't wait to see it finished. That would make a very nice bedroom color too :)

Carrie#K said...

The joys of a single color, they're so soothing. I love that gold and the pattern stitch shows up beautifully. Is that a swatch or the project in process?

Heather said...

Those are gorgeous colors together, the cardi is looking great!

P Dragon said...

...I have that exact same coffee mug. :O

Also, very nice knitting.

Katie M. said...

You're right -- those colors are fabulous together! Lately, I've been dreaming Aidez thoughts ... how are you liking the Eco+? Also, at-home lunches are the best!

Abbey M said...

Do you have any recommendations for alpaca farms in Illinois? I was recently in Tennessee and found Harmony Wools Alpacas and fell in love with their alpaca wool. Being from Berwyn it’d be hard to get back there when I want more alpaca wool. I’d love to find a more local farm and any suggestion from you would help. Thanks so much.

Entre Nous said...

Yup, give me anything with shades of blue, eye candy. Too bad about the mustard being discontinued though. Even still I do love Knit Picks :}

Mia said...

Everyone goes through cycles in yarns and colors.

And I will admit to liking the Jiffy muffins too. I have been making scones lately. I need to make some for freezing the dough for my niece. She felt they did not have enough chocolate.

Maryse said...

Lovely pictures! It all looks so cozy (look and touch)!

Leslie said...

I am liking more and more to see the stitch definition. That cornbread recipe with only 1/4 cup sugar was the first recipe I learned to make; I was about 8. It is on the Alber's cornmeal box. Still my favorite.

Rue said...

Those two colors are lovely, and even more so in person! I'll have to try that cornbread recipe. It looks a lot like my favorite go-to recipe from the better homes and gardens cookbook.