Tuesday, April 05, 2011

FO: Xs and Os

Remember how February was devoted to a Finishing Frenzy around here?  This seems to be the theme for April, too. I dug out a little design that I had abandoned at least a year ago -- there wasn't much left to knit, so finishing really only took a couple of hours.


 pattern: love letter baby vest, by yours truly
yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, 2 skeins
needles: US 5 and US 7 Clover bamboo 16" circs and DPNs

notes: 
My favorite touch is the ribbed cable border at the hem. I'm not thrilled with the neckline, but this project had been languishing far too long, and I didn't have it in me to re-work the details.  It should be cute and cozy on a little guy!
-----------------------------------------------
The Noro giant granny square has also been unearthed. The natural brown border is deadly dull to work (I miss all the lovely Noro color changes), but it would be awesome to finish this up and actually use it! My fingers are just itching to start a new crochet project (ruby hexagon blanket, perhaps?), but I'll hold off for a while longer.

More baby showers are on the horizon, so expect a few wee projects as part of my April Finishing Frenzy. I seamed and blocked a little hooded cardigan early this morning!
-----------------------------------------------
random whatnot

- Already made it to a Cubs game this season!  A friend from my knitting circle had extra tickets to a luxury box with a great view. Oooo la la, now that's the way to watch the game. Plus the Cubs actually won. :-)

- The new Knitty is up! The Corinne cardigan is quite nice. 

- Have you seen the show Party Down? It's quite the hoot, especially the second season. A motley crew of aspiring actors and writers pay the bills by working for a catering company. Each episode centers around a catered event, and some of them can be rather off color, so consider yourself forewarned if you have delicate sensibilities. You can stream it on Netflix.

- FYI: Cascade Eco Wool is on sale at Webs this month. I ordered enough for the Dude Sweater, ostensibly for Paul (but that doesn't mean a certain knitter can't borrow it from time to time).

13 comments:

Chris said...

That is a very cute vest! Hmm. How are you managing to finish the blanket with that kitty hogging it? :D

Kara said...

Darling little vest!

barefootrooster said...

the vest is adorable -- and i love party down. bummer that it got canceled. jane lynch was especially funny...

At Home Mommy Knits said...

I love the cable rib edging on your vest!

faith76 said...

I love Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran yarn it's so snuggley and soft. I have three balls in my stash in nice shades of purple and dusky pink which I'm trying to find some inspiration for.

Rue said...

Lovely vest! If you changed the v-neck to a boat neck you would have an option for a girl, too.

And I did not need to know that Cascade 220 was on sale right now. I've got visions of a giant bear claw blanket dancing in my head. Stash diet, stash diet, stash diet.

Of course, by the time I would get around to knitting that thing, I'm sure it would be on sale again.

peaknits said...

oooh, I'm so jealous - a Cubs game already! awesome! Can't wait to see more of your finished things - you are on a roll!

Katie M. said...

That is a very cute little vest! Good luck with the finishing ... and I might just have to start watching Party Down. I'd been putting it off ...

marycatharine said...

The X,O cables are such a great idea!

Caffeine Girl said...

Finishing Frenzy is a great term and idea. But can a slow knitter like me call her knitting a frenzy?

Barb T. said...

Thanks for the heads up on Webs Cascade Eco; I went there right after reading your blog and ordered for a sweater and a blanket!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Awesome little vest! And I have my eye on Corinne, too:)

Laura said...

I'm knitting a sweater in Eco Wool right now & loving it. I sense future stash acquisition. :)