Wednesday, March 12, 2008

plenty of fish in the sea

One of my dearest friends is expecting a little boy next month, and my knitting group joined forces to create this little aquatic number for her:
Tessellating Fish Baby Blanket
Pattern: A Recipe for Fish, with a few modifications
Yarn: Plymouth Encore, worsted, 6 skeins
Gauge: 4 sts/ inch

It turned out so well! Many knitters pitched in to help. Gauge was essential since the fish interlock. Gauge is a harsh mistress, indeed -- people used between size 8 and size 10.5 needles! Since I was crazy with my exams last week, most of the seaming had to wait for last weekend. We had a marathon seaming session on Saturday (6+ hours), and I put in another couple hours on Sunday morning, just in time for the shower. Much fun was had by all; many cupcakes were consumed; and plenty of knitting took place. Sarah has a very nice post about the shower here (plus photos of her sweet dogs).

P.S. Many thanks to everyone for the good-luck wishes on my exams! It's such a relief to be done, though I'm still waiting for the results.

No comments: