Wednesday, February 06, 2008

another snow day

While I didn't wake up to the winter wonderland that was predicted, plenty of big, wet snowflakes are swirling through the air now. I declared today a snow day and stayed home to read for my exam, grade papers, make soup, and knit. Thank goodness for my trusty space heater... our old radiators barely crank out any heat during the day.
What's this?
Can it be that I'm knitting socks again? The yarn is "Dahlia" by Sundara Yarn, and the pattern is "Little Shell Socks." The color is perfect for the current Project Spectrum theme: fire. Skipping the lace pattern for the foot makes for quick knitting. Note to self: knit some plain stockinette socks for stashbusting purposes. On the subject of socks, I'm absolutely in love with this free pattern that I just discovered via Ravelry.

A wonderful No-More-Humdrum-Mittens Swap parcel from Amy arrived today. What gorgeous mittens! They fit perfectly, and they coordinate beautifully with my black down coat with the pink lining. I'll don them tonight as I brave the snow for my knitting group.
Amy sent many other marvelous goodies, too. Chocolates, candy from Hong Kong, a special edition tea, and some gorgeous yarn from Beaverslide Dry Goods, which I have been dying to try for a long time. The McTaggart Tweed has a soft and fluffy texture, and the colors are beautiful. I'm thinking of a Thorpe hat perhaps? Thanks so much, Amy!
Also, if you're looking for some quick, cute Valentine's gifts to knit, check out the Valentine Mug Cozy from the Classic Elite newsletter.

No comments: