Monday, July 30, 2007

the one with yet another picture of crabby Kylie cat

Kylie was not a fan of me working on Sockapalooza socks rather than petting her, as evidenced below. Note that once again she has picked a way to sit that boggles the human mind -- how on earth can that be comfortable?I learned a valuable lesson while working on these socks -- to trust my judgment. I knit a whole sock that I was afraid would be too big. Guess what? It's way too big. My sock pal has bigger feet than I do, but she would have to have the feet the size of Hagrid's for these to fit. 72 stitches on size 1 dpns = enormous! So it was back to the drawing board for me.

The new and improved Sockapalooza socks (yes, I am further along than this now, but it will still be a struggle to get done on time):
These are Little Shell Socks knit with Sundara sock yarn in the "Dahlia" semisolid colorway. The yarn is gorgeous, and it will be very hard to part with these beauties. These may be a bit on the small side, but socks always seem to stretch out over time.

I'm absolutely thrilled to be done teaching for the summer. There's just a little bit of grading left. The good ol' Malibu broke down on Saturday, amidst a smelly cloud of fumes and a fountain of coolant spraying from my radiator hose, but the timing was perfect. I was 20 feet from my apt. and a great parking space, and now that summer session is over I have the time (and the $) to deal with repairs.

No comments: